Showroom Sales & Design Associate
Do you have an eye for interior design, a passion for great conversation, enjoy a fast-paced work environment and a desire to work around beautiful products?
If the answer is yes, come join our amazing team at Traditions in Tile & Stone!
Salary: Hourly/Commissions Based + Benefits
Shift: 8 hour/day, Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm (full-time)
Reports To: Branch Manager
Where: This full-time opportunity is a fully on-site position based in our Sharpsburg, GA showroom. Must be able to commute reliably to the showroom location.
At Traditions in Tile & Stone, we pride ourselves in our ability to consistently produce a remarkable, memorable and life-improving experience that is “Different by Design.” Our showroom teams are key to our customer experience, and we are looking for designers who will carry on this quality of service in our showrooms.
A Showroom Designer & Sales associate will guide our customers in the tile selection process from start to finish, offering expert product knowledge and a designer’s eye while providing excellent customer service throughout. This will include the following aspects…
- Observe and follow Company policies, standards and rules of conduct. Always protect Company and customer information.
- Be responsible for direct sales, communication and providing assistance to clients during the selection/design process
- Confer with client to determine architectural preferences, purpose and function of environment, budget, types of construction, areas of tile or stone to be installed, and other factors which affect planning interior environments.
- Integrate findings with knowledge of interior design and formulate environmental plan to be practical, esthetic, and conducive to intended purposes.
- Advise client on interior design factors such as layout and utilization of ceramic tile, natural stone or similar products including color schemes, textures and pattern coordination.
- Render design ideas in form of paste ups, drawings, or illustrations, estimate material costs, and present design to client for approval.
- Plan and design interior or exterior environments for residential or commercial settings.
- Generate sales leads and close sales with a high percentage of potential clients found independent of Company promotional efforts.
- Close sales with a high percentage of prospective clients who visit the Company’s showrooms.
- Utilize networking and prospecting techniques to generate sales leads independent of showroom’s walk-in traffic.
- Follow up with all prospective clients via e-mail, written letters and phone calls to ensure a constant line of communication is open during and after the selection process.
- Meet Company’s monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals.
- Assist in maintaining showroom appearance by keeping organized, clean, fresh and exciting.
- Participate in outside professional organizations. (NKBA, ASID, NARI, HBA, etc.)
- Participate in trade shows when called upon.
- Help to create and develop customer accounts.
- Take advantage of continuing education opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interior Design Degree or 3 years of interior design sales experience
- Ability to sketch designs for clients and installers
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Strong communication and written English skills
- Math skills including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Computer skills including the knowledge of Database software, Design software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to work well on a team! To balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, provide and welcome feedback, contribute to building a positive team spirit, put success of team above own interests and support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to keep projects organized and well managed
- Ability to manage a design project from start to finish
- Desire to learn to about technical aspect of tile installation and the required products
- Attention to detail
- Punctuality and ready to work!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spend long periods standing/walking around showroom
- Frequently lift and/or move tiles and tile samples up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
Our showroom design teams work together to create a welcoming environment for our customers, from walking through our doors to finalizing a project. The work environment can be very fast paced with multiple clients requiring attention, sometimes several at a time, in addition to daily phone calls, emails and scheduled and unscheduled appointments with clients, vendors and/or managers.
- Interior Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Please fill out the form below, including the best way to get in touch with you. Please include your resumé and we highly recommend adding a cover letter.