If you enjoy a fast-paced work environment that allows you to be physically active and are good with machinery/forklifts, come join our amazing team at Traditions in Tile & Stone!
Salary: Hourly + Benefits
Shift: 8 hour/day, Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm (full-time)
Receive, pack, organize and distribute cartons of tile, stone, and glass; setting materials, tools, equipment, and other ancillary products with a team while maintaining the functionality flow of warehouse as well as properly operate and maintain warehouse equipment.
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
Where: This full-time opportunity is a fully on-site position based in our Sharpsburg, GA showroom warehouse. Must be able to commute reliably to the warehouse location.
At Traditions in Tile & Stone, we pride ourselves in our ability to consistently produce a remarkable, memorable and life-improving experience that is “Different by Design.” Our warehouse teams are key to our customer experience, and we are looking for hard-working associates who will carry on this quality of service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Observe and follow company policies, standards and rules of conduct. Protect Company and customer information.
- Read purchase order, for transfer or shipping, or customer order to determine material to be pulled, staged or shipped.
- Create purchase orders to order or transfer materials from other locations.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves with appropriate shrink wrap or packing material and paperwork.
- Convey incoming materials from receiving dock to their proper bin or rack location.
- Sort and place materials on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Mark materials with identifying information such as name, order number, lot, etc.
- Accurately record quantity of materials received or shipped along with shade and run numbers.
- Operate forklift, pallet jacks, and other equipment as required to perform duties.
- Keep branch clean, neat and orderly; Janitorial services as required by supervisor, including interior and exterior.
- Other Duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Develop alternative solutions; Work well in group problem solving situations; Use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assess own strengths and weaknesses; Pursue training and development opportunities; Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; Share expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; Solicit customer feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meet commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focus on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintain confidentiality; Listen to others without interrupting; Keep emotions under control; Remain open to others’ ideas and try new things.
- Oral Communication – Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listen and gets clarification; Respond well to questions; Participate in meetings.
- Written Communication – Be able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balance team and individual responsibilities; Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; Provide and welcome feedback; Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Put success of team above own interests; Support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Diversity – Show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promote a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treat people with respect; Keep commitments; Inspire the trust of others; Work with integrity and ethically; Uphold Company values.
- Company Support – Follow policies and procedures; Complete administrative tasks correctly and on time; Support Company’s goals and values.
- Judgment – Display willingness to make decisions; Exhibit sound and accurate judgment; Support and explain reasoning for decisions; Include appropriate people in decision-making process; Make timely decisions.
- Motivation – Set and achieve challenging goals; Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles; Measure self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing – Use time efficiently; Set goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – Approach others in a tactful manner; React well under pressure; Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accept responsibility for own actions; Follow through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; Look for ways to improve and promote quality; Apply feedback to improve performance; Monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meet productivity standards; Complete work in timely manner; Strive to increase productivity; Work quickly and accurately.
- Safety and Security – Observe safety and security procedures; Determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; Report potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapt to changes in the work environment; Manage competing demands; Change approach or method to best fit the situation; Be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Be at work consistently and on time; Arrive at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follow instructions and respond to management direction; Take responsibility for own actions; Keep commitments; Commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteer readily; Undertake self-development activities; Seek increased responsibilities; Look for and takes advantage of opportunities; Ask for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Meet challenges with resourcefulness; Generate suggestions for improving work; Develop innovative approaches and ideas; Present ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Forklift Certification by Traditions in Tile and Stone
- Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spend long periods standing/walking.
- Frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment can be very faced paced with many large incoming and outgoing loads each day in addition to multiple clients requiring attention at one time, phone calls, emails and scheduled and unscheduled pick up and drop offs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Warehouse experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Please fill out the form below, including the best way to get in touch with you. Please include your resumé and we highly recommend adding a cover letter.